Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com> on 2011/06/30 23:39:15 UTC

0.12 release update - release branch created, beta available

Hi.  I created the release branch this morning at revision 1141543.  Some
testing revealed a problem in the C++ source distribution, so I fixed
that (with Mick's help) and cut the beta from revision 1141708 on the
release branch.  Get it at

   http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.12-beta/

I believe that I've also corrected all the version numbers on trunk and
the release branch, to 0.13 and 0.12 respectively.  Please let me know if
I missed one.  I'm keeping a list of files containing version numbers at

   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Source+files+containing+version+numbers

I still need to produce the bug summary, but you can see all the raw
information at the jira links on the release page.

The next item on the schedule is RC1, in two weeks.  If you've been
waiting, now is the time to jump in and evaluate the code that will become
Qpid 0.12.

Thanks,
Justin

---
0.12 release page: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/0.12+Release

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: 0.12 release update - release branch created, beta available

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 06/30/2011 10:39 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
> Hi.  I created the release branch this morning at revision 1141543.
> Some testing revealed a problem in the C++ source distribution, so I
> fixed that (with Mick's help) and cut the beta from revision 1141708 on
> the release branch. Get it at
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.12-beta/

Looks good to me I've tested the following (on Fedora 12):

* built and installed qpid-cpp (including make check to run all tests)
* installed qpid-python, qpid-qmf and qpid-tools
* unpacked qpid-java-client
* started c++ broker and ran command line tools against it
* ran examples from python, c++ and java[1] against each other
* ran qpid-perftest and qpid-latency-test
* unpacked qpid-java-broker
* re-ran examples and some other tests again using java broker

[1] Note: there is a minor typo in the README for the java-client. The
example command for running an example uses
'qpid-client-examples-<version>.jar' whereas the actual jar is
qpid-client-example-<version>.jar i.e. singular.

Posted by Kumar Sundaram <su...@hotmail.com>.
Okay. Make sense .i see your point,
Thanks
Kumar

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Kumar,

Thank you for your offer and enthusiasm. I believe that jiras can only be
assigned to committers. However, please go ahead and do whatever work you
can and attach any changes as patches to the jira. Be sure to check the
"license to Apache" box when you attach your patches.

Thank you,
-Steve Huston

 i have joined this group very recently, picked the JIRA,  but who will
assign to me, so that i could work on. I would like to work on

Thanks
Kumar

Posted by jr...@redhat.com.

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.
Hey, man, no problem.

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Justin,

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
+1 Ship it.

-Chuck

Posted by Cliff Jansen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Also related to QPID-2905 problems is QPID-3338.  I am trying to do a
test mingw build on Linux to test the patch (all new to me).  It works
in the case of  Windows CMake and the Visual Studio toolchain.

Cliff

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.