Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by pureza <pu...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/27 15:56:06 UTC

Auto-complete selection updates other fields

Hi wicket-users!

I have a form with an AutoCompleteTextField and a TextField. The
AutoCompleteTextField allows me to choose from employee names while the
TextField shows the corresponding employee department name.

I want the department name to update automatically when the user selects an
employee from the auto-complete field.

I tried setting the model of the auto-complete to an instance of Employee
(instead of just String). However, the .getModelObject() method returns a
string and I was unable to retrieve the selected Employee instance.

How do you think I should do this?

Thanks!