Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org> on 2013/11/27 00:52:35 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds-1.6.3-rc2

This thread is for discussion of the second release candidate for Apache
jclouds-1.6.3. Please use this thread for discussion of issues uncovered
in the RC, questions you may have about the RC, etc. Thank you.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds-1.6.3-rc2

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
I realize this is after-the-fact but I ran the Rackspace SmokeTest [1] against 1.6.3-rc2 and everything ran perfectly. Sorry I didn't have a chance to do a full verification over the past week.

Cheers,
Everett

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/blob/master/rackspace/src/main/java/org/jclouds/examples/rackspace/SmokeTest.java

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alex Heneveld <al...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
Thanks Andrew P.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
Added the following snippet to the Windows version of the verification
script [1]"

set ARCHIVES_LOGFILE=archives.txt
for /D %%i in (jclouds*) do (
   echo Seaching in %%i >> "%ARCHIVES_LOGFILE%"
   for %%j in (.jar,.bin,.zip,.tar.gz) do (
     echo Seaching for %%j... >> "%ARCHIVES_LOGFILE%"
     dir /S /B %%i\*%%j >> "%ARCHIVES_LOGFILE%" 2>&1
   )
)

Does this make sense? Should we add something similar to the Unix version?

ap

[1] http://people.apache.org/~andrewp/verify-jclouds.cmd

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds-1.6.3-rc2

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
Came across some variations on the NOTICE files:

jclouds:

Apache jclouds
Copyright 2009-2013 The Apache Software Foundation

jclouds-chef:

Apache jclouds Chef
Copyright 2013 The Apache Software Foundation

jclouds-cli:

Apache jclouds :: cli
Copyright 2013 The Apache Software Foundation

jclouds-karaf:

Apache jclouds :: Karaf
Copyright 2013 The Apache Software Foundation

jclouds-labs:

Apache jclouds labs
Copyright 2009-2013 The Apache Software Foundation

jclouds-labs-openstack:

Apache jclouds labs openstack
Copyright 2009-2013 The Apache Software Foundation

I guess the different copyright dates are the main thing. Certainly
something to align for next time, but what about this release?

ap

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds-1.6.3-rc2

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> Would it be possible to cut a new RC for 1.6.3 including this?

I'm -0 on this one. Would prefer to get 1.6.3 out of the door, focus
on a timely 1.7.0 and then spin a quick(er) 1.6.4 early next year. But
I think ultimately this is a decision for the release manager.

Over to you, Gaul ;-)

ap

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds-1.6.3-rc2