Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/06 09:48:05 UTC

Re: no _SUCCESS file in MR output directory.

I wanted to confirm whether oozie disables the _SUCCESS file creation when
it triggers a MR job.

I am triggering a MR job (actually a bunch of 'em) from oozie and the
workflow completes successfully , however I do not see any kind of _SUCCESS
file in the output directory.
When I set the file output committer's configuration
(mapreduce.fileoutputcommitter.
marksuccessfuljobs
) to true.It generates the success file. Wanted to confirm if oozie does
the disabling of success file creation.

​Thanks,
Rahul​

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hadoop version 0.23
Oozie version 3.2.0.3

Even I could not find anything in the oozie code which disables success
file creation.

Little about our workflow.

We fork multiple MR jobs in our workflow.

Thanks,
Rahul

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Rohini Palaniswamy <rohini.aditya@gmail.com

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hadoop version 0.23

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hadoop version 0.23

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hadoop version 0.23

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hadoop version 0.23

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
No we do not use any pig , yes I am very sure that I am seeing the success
file after enabling it manually.

Thanks,
Rahul

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: no _SUCCESS file in MR output directory.

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: no _SUCCESS file in MR output directory.

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
It looks like its disabled in our hadoop cluster , checked the
mapred-site.xml

Thanks,
Rahul

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: no _SUCCESS file in MR output directory.

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: no _SUCCESS file in MR output directory.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: no _SUCCESS file in MR output directory.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.