Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl> on 2012/10/31 17:43:13 UTC

SystemVM ISO is not installed with 4.0 on Ubuntu or Debian

Hi,

I just did a fresh CloudStack 4.0 installation from the Debian packages
we have and I found a dependency issue.

cloud-agent does not depend on cloud-system-iso, thus it doesn't get
installed.

This took me about 2 hours to figure out why my System VMs weren't
working properly.

I'll push a fix for this to the master branch, but this will be broken
in the 4.0 release.

When using apt to install the Agent from the Debian repo they will have
to manually install the system-iso package.

I'm thinking about adding this dependency to the packages on
cloudstack.apt-get.eu to prevent this from happening to new users.

Wido

Re: SystemVM ISO is not installed with 4.0 on Ubuntu or Debian

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
I've got a few things as well that should probably go into 4.0.x. It's
been awhile but my impression was that someone in particular was in
charge of cherry picking things out of master for 4.0. If this isn't
the case then I'll get them committed.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
They do, but there's also an iso that is mounted with various extra
software. It's a way of updating the system vm.

Posted by Bryan Whitehead <dr...@megahappy.net>.

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.