Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Charles Allen <ch...@allen-net.com> on 2017/03/26 15:48:02 UTC

Portage (CoreOS) overlay for Mesos

Hi All,

I have an interest to see if Mesos can serve as the containerizer on CoreOS instead of Kubernetes. To pursue this, I've created a portage overlay at https://github.com/drcrallen/mesos-gentoo-overlay . I am by no means an expert ebuild creator nor an expert in CoreOS build processes, so take it with a grain of salt.

The main things I wanted to point out are that I had to modify a few things to get it to build:

https://github.com/drcrallen/mesos-gentoo-overlay/blob/894ba76b72fc9cc6a23105ff6746294c3e4b77e2/sys-cluster/mesos/files/mesos-linux-ns-nosetns.patch removes a declaration of setns which is already declared when compiling for a CoreOS build environment.

https://github.com/drcrallen/mesos-gentoo-overlay/blob/a31790ea42d0ce8d7e04a3c42d728eb8727f58d0/sys-cluster/mesos/files/mesos-stout-cloexec.patch fixes a strange include-out-of-order bug where fnctl.h seems to be included somewhere in some of the files AFTER stout/os/open.hpp , thus double-defining O_CLOEXEC.

I also had to pull some poor library path hackery to work around https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-7286 at https://github.com/drcrallen/mesos-gentoo-overlay/blob/16dabca45bb15a8e1b33c7b39af86018db1e336e/sys-cluster/mesos/mesos-1.2.0.ebuild#L34

This is still a work in progress, but wanted to spread some knowledge in case someone else was working on this as well.

Cheers,
Charles Allen

Re: Portage (CoreOS) overlay for Mesos

Posted by tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.