Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2004/11/17 00:56:31 UTC

Subversion repository reorganization

As you many have noticed, we've reorganized the Struts as discussed,
moving core Struts code as its own "subproject", then giving struts-faces
and struts-el their own "subproject".  At the same time, due to core build
requirements concerning struts-el, we moved struts-el to its own
"subproject".

I write "subproject" in quotes as we should formalize what we call them.
A "subproject" would be a defined project that has its own release cycle,
and therefore trunk, branches, and tags directories.  At this point, there
are core, faces, el, and sandbox "subprojects", and I'm planning on
creating a bsf subproject.  taglibs will follow for 1.3.0

We had to modify the build for Struts core and struts-el as the paths had
changed, but should only affect the "dist" target.  The documentation and
website should contain the new Subversion url
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/core/trunk) and Martin has
updated the website.

Please test the site and builds to ensure we didn't miss anything.  Thanks.

Don