Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Erik Price <ep...@ptc.com> on 2003/04/08 19:26:15 UTC

[OT] Re: IDE

Mark.Gargan@cs.tcd.ie wrote:
> Can you not put the .classpath and project files at the head of your
> tomcat directory i.e. in the same folder as src and lib? Then try
> importing them again? You'll have to tinker with the .classpath file to
> respect this change but that shouldn't take long?

Ah.  This may be a case of my not knowing the details of how Eclipse
works.  I've been using NetBeans, where you don't use a classpath but
instead you mount any directory or JAR which contains classes you wish
to use.  This "mounting" creates a sort of ClassLoader, which is then
used for code completion and error-checking.

I sort of assumed that the same was true of Eclipse, but the "importing"
phase was the equivalent of the "mounting" in NetBeans.  So I thought
you had to "import" every 3rd party library you wanted to use in your
project.

I will try the technique you describe above, thanks Mark.

Erik

RE: [OT] Re: IDE

Posted by mike jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
Eclipse is interesting in that you can have folders in your project
(like WEB-INF) and put the "base" package location to be folders under
those folders.  I didn't realize that you could do this until I
installed the tomcat plugin and created a tomcat project.

It just seems like the more I use this thing the more neat features I
find.  And the more that I like it.

Also, for those people using struts, there's two different struts
plugins.  The one I've played with "easystruts" will deal with the
struts-config.xml file and has a wizard for creating your actions and
form-beans (and other things).

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson