Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jozef Aerts - XML4Pharma <xm...@hotmail.com> on 2002/07/12 16:32:22 UTC

digital signatures in PDF documents created by FOP

Hi,

I couldn't find any information about the following:

1) Can digital signatures be added to PDF documents created by FOP in the
same way as for PDF documents created by Adobe Acrobat 5 ?

2) If I understand it well, when creating PDF files using Adobe Acrobat, you
can have different security settings, e.g. that a PDF file cannot be altered
anymore. What is the security of a PDF file created by FOP. Can it be
altered ?

Best regards,

Jozef Aerts
XML4Pharma
www.XML4Pharma.com

Re: digital signatures in PDF documents created by FOP

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Jozef Aerts - XML4Pharma wrote:
> 1) Can digital signatures be added to PDF documents created by FOP in
> the same way as for PDF documents created by Adobe Acrobat 5 ?
>
> 2) If I understand it well, when creating PDF files using Adobe Acrobat,
> you can have different security settings, e.g. that a PDF file cannot be
> altered anymore. What is the security of a PDF file created by FOP. Can
> it be altered ?

There is no way to do this with FOP directly, but you
can postprocess the generated PDF with an Adobe tool,
or iText. Look here for an example
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=102002975028427&w=2

J.Pietschmann