Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Iván Escobedo <ie...@nacion.co.cr> on 2003/09/23 16:52:11 UTC

Using velocity to send email

Does anyone knows where I can find an application that uses velocity templates to create an send html and text emails?

Re: Using velocity to send email

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@solaraccess.com>.
On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 10:52, Iván Escobedo wrote:
> Does anyone knows where I can find an application that uses velocity
> templates to create an send html and text emails?

I put together a quick n' dirty Jython app for this with like 20-40
lines of code; maybe 3x/4x that for straight Java, less if you're not
sending multiparts.

Since the source of templates and content is likely to be pretty
different for people seems like it'd be just as easy to write one up
real quick--I used existing beans to grab all that, so my effort was
slightly lower than it might be for you.

Dave

Re: Using velocity to send email

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@solaraccess.com>.