Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Cary Hart <Da...@TQMcube.com> on 2006/08/02 17:51:28 UTC

Geographic Zone to Headers?

I am not sure if this is a worthwhile experiment. Nor am I sure how
this can be used in SA to add header information for country of
origin. For that matter, I am not sure if this is a valuable use of
bandwidth.

EXPERIMENTALLY, I have added "world.tqmcube.com" as a zone which is
obviously not included in the composite. This returns a text record
of the country of origin.

For example - with linux:
#dig +short 199.227.237.209.world.tqmcube.com -t txt
will return "United States".

Since this is experimental, it is NOT on all of the mirrors. The A
record may not have fully propagated yet.

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com
               Don't Subsidize Criminals: http://boulderpledge.org

Re: Geographic Zone to Headers?

Posted by David Cary Hart <Da...@TQMcube.com>.
On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 21:27:48 +0200 (CEST), "Benny Pedersen"
<me...@junc.org> opined:
> On Wed, August 2, 2006 17:51, David Cary Hart wrote:
>
> > EXPERIMENTALLY, I have added "world.tqmcube.com" as a zone which
> > is obviously not included in the composite. This returns a text
> > record of the country of origin.
>
> good
>
> > For example - with linux:
> > #dig +short 199.227.237.209.world.tqmcube.com -t txt
> > will return "United States".
>
> nice, but is it for mta or spamassassinn ?
>
> if its for mta, why need to tell the country of the ip ?
>
> if its for spamassassin it will be to much dns lookups for things
> that can be added to dnsbl.tqmcube.com as a subtest with seperate
> results
>
> you allready have ko and prc as example
>
> PS: for my test of the dnsbl zone its none false positive or
> negative here so far

I have revised this as follows:

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;193.128.95.59.world.tqmcube.com. IN    ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
193.128.95.59.world.tqmcube.com. 2100 IN A      127.0.0.110
193.128.95.59.world.tqmcube.com. 2100 IN TXT    "IN"

The index of ISO country codes and return codes:

:127.0.0.10: AD
:127.0.0.11: AE
:127.0.0.12: AF
:127.0.0.13: AG
:127.0.0.14: AI
:127.0.0.15: AL
:127.0.0.16: AM
:127.0.0.17: AN
:127.0.0.18: AO
:127.0.0.19: AQ
:127.0.0.20: AR
:127.0.0.21: AS
:127.0.0.22: AT
:127.0.0.23: AU
:127.0.0.24: AW
:127.0.0.25: AZ
:127.0.0.254: BA
:127.0.0.26: BB
:127.0.0.27: BD
:127.0.0.28: BE
:127.0.0.29: BF
:127.0.0.30: BG
:127.0.0.31: BH
:127.0.0.32: BI
:127.0.0.33: BJ
:127.0.0.34: BM
:127.0.0.35: BN
:127.0.0.36: BO
:127.0.0.37: BR
:127.0.0.38: BS
:127.0.0.39: BT
:127.0.0.40: BV
:127.0.0.41: BW
:127.0.0.42: BY
:127.0.0.43: BZ
:127.0.0.44: CA
:127.0.0.45: CC
:127.0.0.46: CD
:127.0.0.47: CF
:127.0.0.48: CG
:127.0.0.49: CH
:127.0.0.50: CI
:127.0.0.51: CK
:127.0.0.52: CL
:127.0.0.53: CM
:127.0.0.54: CN
:127.0.0.55: CO
:127.0.0.56: CR
:127.0.0.57: CS
:127.0.0.58: CU
:127.0.0.59: CV
:127.0.0.60: CX
:127.0.0.61: CY
:127.0.0.62: CZ
:127.0.0.63: DE
:127.0.0.64: DJ
:127.0.0.65: DK
:127.0.0.66: DM
:127.0.0.67: DO
:127.0.0.68: DZ
:127.0.0.69: EC
:127.0.0.70: EE
:127.0.0.71: EG
:127.0.0.72: EH
:127.0.0.73: ER
:127.0.0.74: ES
:127.0.0.75: ET
:127.0.0.76: EU
:127.0.0.77: FI
:127.0.0.78: FJ
:127.0.0.79: FK
:127.0.0.80: FM
:127.0.0.81: FO
:127.0.0.82: FR
:127.0.0.83: FX
:127.0.0.84: GA
:127.0.0.85: GD
:127.0.0.86: GE
:127.0.0.87: GF
:127.0.0.88: GH
:127.0.0.89: GI
:127.0.0.90: GL
:127.0.0.91: GM
:127.0.0.92: GN
:127.0.0.93: GP
:127.0.0.94: GQ
:127.0.0.95: GR
:127.0.0.96: GS
:127.0.0.97: GT
:127.0.0.98: GU
:127.0.0.99: GW
:127.0.0.100: GY
:127.0.0.101: HK
:127.0.0.102: HM
:127.0.0.103: HN
:127.0.0.104: HR
:127.0.0.105: HT
:127.0.0.106: HU
:127.0.0.107: ID
:127.0.0.108: IE
:127.0.0.109: IL
:127.0.0.110: IN
:127.0.0.111: IO
:127.0.0.112: IQ
:127.0.0.113: IR
:127.0.0.114: IS
:127.0.0.115: IT
:127.0.0.116: JM
:127.0.0.117: JO
:127.0.0.118: JP
:127.0.0.119: KE
:127.0.0.120: KG
:127.0.0.121: KH
:127.0.0.122: KI
:127.0.0.123: KM
:127.0.0.124: KN
:127.0.0.125: KP
:127.0.0.126: KR
:127.0.0.127: KW
:127.0.0.128: KY
:127.0.0.129: KZ
:127.0.0.130: LA
:127.0.0.131: LB
:127.0.0.132: LC
:127.0.0.133: LI
:127.0.0.134: LK
:127.0.0.135: LR
:127.0.0.136: LS
:127.0.0.137: LT
:127.0.0.138: LU
:127.0.0.139: LV
:127.0.0.140: LY
:127.0.0.141: MA
:127.0.0.142: MC
:127.0.0.143: MD
:127.0.0.144: MG
:127.0.0.145: MH
:127.0.0.146: MK
:127.0.0.147: ML
:127.0.0.148: MM
:127.0.0.149: MN
:127.0.0.150: MO
:127.0.0.151: MP
:127.0.0.152: MQ
:127.0.0.153: MR
:127.0.0.154: MS
:127.0.0.155: MT
:127.0.0.156: MU
:127.0.0.157: MV
:127.0.0.158: MW
:127.0.0.159: MX
:127.0.0.160: MY
:127.0.0.161: MZ
:127.0.0.162: NA
:127.0.0.163: NC
:127.0.0.164: NE
:127.0.0.165: NF
:127.0.0.166: NG
:127.0.0.167: NI
:127.0.0.168: NL
:127.0.0.169: NO
:127.0.0.170: NP
:127.0.0.171: NR
:127.0.0.172: NT
:127.0.0.173: NU
:127.0.0.174: NZ
:127.0.0.175: OM
:127.0.0.176: PA
:127.0.0.177: PE
:127.0.0.178: PF
:127.0.0.179: PG
:127.0.0.180: PH
:127.0.0.181: PK
:127.0.0.182: PL
:127.0.0.183: PM
:127.0.0.184: PN
:127.0.0.185: PR
:127.0.0.186: PS
:127.0.0.187: PT
:127.0.0.188: PW
:127.0.0.189: PY
:127.0.0.190: QA
:127.0.0.191: RE
:127.0.0.192: RO
:127.0.0.193: RU
:127.0.0.194: RW
:127.0.0.195: SA
:127.0.0.196: SB
:127.0.0.197: SC
:127.0.0.198: SD
:127.0.0.199: SE
:127.0.0.200: SG
:127.0.0.201: SH
:127.0.0.202: SI
:127.0.0.203: SJ
:127.0.0.204: SK
:127.0.0.205: SL
:127.0.0.206: SM
:127.0.0.207: SN
:127.0.0.208: SO
:127.0.0.209: SR
:127.0.0.210: ST
:127.0.0.211: SU
:127.0.0.212: SV
:127.0.0.213: SY
:127.0.0.214: SZ
:127.0.0.215: TC
:127.0.0.216: TD
:127.0.0.217: TF
:127.0.0.218: TG
:127.0.0.219: TH
:127.0.0.220: TJ
:127.0.0.221: TK
:127.0.0.222: TM
:127.0.0.223: TN
:127.0.0.225: TP
:127.0.0.226: TR
:127.0.0.227: TT
:127.0.0.228: TV
:127.0.0.229: TW
:127.0.0.230: TZ
:127.0.0.231: UA
:127.0.0.232: UG
:127.0.0.233: UK
:127.0.0.234: UM
:127.0.0.235: US
:127.0.0.236: UY
:127.0.0.237: UZ
:127.0.0.238: VA
:127.0.0.239: VC
:127.0.0.240: VE
:127.0.0.241: VG
:127.0.0.242: VI
:127.0.0.243: VN
:127.0.0.244: VU
:127.0.0.245: WF
:127.0.0.246: WS
:127.0.0.247: YE
:127.0.0.248: YT
:127.0.0.249: YU
:127.0.0.250: ZA
:127.0.0.251: ZM
:127.0.0.252: ZR
:127.0.0.253: ZW

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Wed, August 2, 2006 17:51, David Cary Hart wrote:

> EXPERIMENTALLY, I have added "world.tqmcube.com" as a zone which is
> obviously not included in the composite. This returns a text record
> of the country of origin.

good