Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/11/19 03:41:51 UTC

Re: git commit: [flex-sdk] [refs/heads/develop] - UPDATED - Tentative FIX of FLEX-33166 Mobile TextInput with native StageTextInput cannot be included in scrollable forms - updated mustella baseline bitmaps following failures. Typical difference is that th

Hi,

I checked all the before and after bitmaps and found one issue.

In the ActionBar_TitleDisplay_TextDecoration test, the underline on the text Default Style is incorrect on the after bitmap as it turns black where it crosses the descender of the "y".

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
And also in SDK 4.10 GA.

So let's recap:

- running with the current SDK a standalone mobile air app that displays an action bar with embedded font and underline => no artifact
- running current mustella test mobile/Action with current SDK => artifact is there
- running current mustella test mobile/Action with SKD 4.11 and 4.10 => artifact is there

So it must be a change in the mustella test that caused this issue.

Last test to run, is to revert the mustella test on Mobile ActionBar Style TextDecoration to previous version, and see what happens.

(Note: Git log shows there have been some changes on these files in January 2013...)

I stop now, it's getting very late here.

Maurice

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
>If the bitmap compares exactly the display list is not compared.
Thanks

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Sorry, of course png is not the same.
There is that black line across the "y".
I am using SvnDiff, which is also rather good (you can overlay, highlight diffs, etc...).

> If your code change didn't cause that bitmap to change why was a new baseline image checked in?
As I said, because of the different XML DL dump, that contained references to ScrollableStageText (new class), so I checked in both.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
I understand.

The png is the same,  but the DL.xml is different, as I explained in earlier email, it contains references to ScrollableStageText (my changes) but that are not active (width=0 height=0).
That's why I checked in both, so that they are consistent.

So  I will revert both files, until we find the issue...

Maurice

>> Or another recent check in?  You can revert the check in for that image as the change is unrelated to your fix.
>
> Sorry I don't understand, what check in should I revert?

Only the image that has the black line though the "y", if your code didn't cause that image to change then you shouldn't of checked it in. The changes to the other image baselines looked fine to me.

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
You need these files:

<!-- FontSWF -->
<file name="afe" path="
http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/flex/sdk/branches/4.y/lib/"
file="afe.jar"/>
<file name="aglj40" path="
http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/flex/sdk/branches/4.y/lib/"
file="aglj40.jar"/>
<file name="flex-fontkit" path="
http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/flex/sdk/branches/4.y/lib/"
file="flex-fontkit.jar"/>
<file name="rideau" path="
http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/flex/sdk/branches/4.y/lib/"
file="rideau.jar"/>

They all go in into the {sdk}\lib\external\optional directory.

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Rebuilt the full SDK , and re-run the tests.

Same result...on "y" and underline.

So maybe AIR 3.9/FP 11.9

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Justin,
I removed all my changes on my local git copy (applied revert patch), including reverting the baseline bitmap.
Then generated the faulty test:
$ ./mini_run.sh  -mobile  -caseName=ActionBar_TitleDisplay_TextDecoration  tests/mobile/components/ActionBar/styles/ActionBar_Styles.mxml

As excepted, the tests failed, and it generated png and DL xml.
I checked that DL.xml does not contain any reference to Scroll***

I have attached them to the JIRA ticket, so it's easier to share:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33166

ActionBar_TitleDisplay_TextDecoration@android_240ppi.png	2 kB	image/png	Today 22:19	Maurice Amsellem
ActionBar_TitleDisplay_TextDecoration@android_240ppi.png.bad.png	2 kB	image/png	Today 22:19	Maurice Amsellem
ActionBar_TitleDisplay_TextDecoration@android_240ppi.png.bad.png.xml	40 kB	text/xml	Today 22:19	Maurice Amsellem
ActionBar_TitleDisplay_TextDecoration@android_240ppi.png.xml	39 kB	text/xml	Today 22:19

It's interesting that the DL are rather different...
You can have a look if you wish.

How is it possible to know when the test above succeeded for the last time ?

Maybe it was before we moved to AIR3.9/FP 11.9...

Just saying ;-)

Maurice

> Before  of removing all the changes I made (that's a lot of work, and I am really running out of time),
I wasn't suggesting that just the single bitmap that was checked in in error, so we know there's still an issue. Then we try and hunt for it's cause.

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
>Then you need to revert the change to that single bitmap and we need to find (and fix or revert) what  checkin did cause the issue.

Before  of removing all the changes I made (that's a lot of work, and I am really running out of time),  I propose to set back defaults.css to use the original StageTextInputSkin / StageTextAreaSkin, and of course reverting the bitmap.

I can try already the above proposition on my PC, to see what happens.

WDYT?

Maurice

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
To be absolutely sure it was not related to TextInput, this is what  I did:

In  /components/ActionBar/swfs/ActionBar.mxml
I removed all the content, except:
<comps:ActionBarBasic id="actionBar" />

Then I did a minirun on that special test case:
./mini_run.sh  -mobile  -caseName=ActionBar_TitleDisplay_TextDecoration  tests/mobile/components/ActionBar/styles/ActionBar_Styles.mxml

The "black" in the crossing still appears.

I also tried generating baselines for that test, and the new XML DL has only one StyleableTextField, and the black artifact is still there.

So it's something new in StyleableTextField, not ScrollableStageText.

WDYT ?

Maurice