Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Peter Koch <sy...@googlemail.com> on 2008/06/16 13:28:10 UTC

Using Jackrabbit as an Metarepository

Hi folks,
I want to build up a Metadatarepository, where only metadata of some
documents are held. There should be only a link to the ressources but not
the real content in the repository.

Has anybody done this so far with Jackrabbit?
Or can Jackrabbit only handle pure Content with some Metadata?

Thanks for your reply,
Greez
Peter

Re: Using Jackrabbit as an Metarepository

Posted by Peter Koch <sy...@googlemail.com>.
The clients should be all in the same environment/domain. So they can reach
some open filesystems or databases.
I thought about xLink or xPointer to get the reference for the data.

Can Jackrabbit extract Metadata from external ressources like Wordfiles,
PDFs or has this to be done by hand?

Greez and thanks for the really fast answer ;)
Peter

Posted by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de>.
Hi Peter,