Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Cheung <vi...@justware.co.jp> on 2006/08/15 07:26:50 UTC

What's the difference between struts-base and struts-el?

Hi, all;

What's the difference between struts-base
to struts-el.

Document here said:
http://struts.apache.org/1.2.9/userGuide/building_view.html#struts-el
Standard support JSP expression like <%= stringvar %>
and
EL support EL expression.

But my test on base taglib shows, EL expression is supported, but JSP
expression is not supported.

I am confused in web_app 2.3,2.4(servlet version?),
JSTL 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 2.0(JSP version?). It seems many is changed between
them.

And the difference between c.tld in struts, c.-rt.tld in struts, c.tld in JSTL,
c-rt.tld in JSTL is also confused me.

Any suggestion is very appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Regards;
Michael

RE: What's the difference between struts-base and struts-el?

Posted by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net>.
One comment inline.

No, servlet 2.3 does not support the EL in any way, except to completely
ignore it so that the tag code itself (in struts-el) can process it.

Posted by Scott Van Wart <sc...@indosoft.com>.