Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Fundisile Madela <Fu...@Momentum.co.za> on 2006/10/12 14:23:30 UTC

Memory Size

Hi there,

I'm new to jcs, and need to know if there is a way I can specify the amount
of memory to use for all my cache regions, (instead of specifying the
mazimum objects), and when that size is reached, to overflow to disk

Thanks

Fundisile Madela
Tel: +27 12 6737931
Email:fundisile.madela@momentum.co.za
Momentum
Sales IT

This email and all content are subject to the following disclaimer:

http://content.momentum.co.za/content/legal/disclaimer_email.htm

Re: Memory Size

Posted by Al Forbes <fo...@googlemail.com>.
Dumela Fundisile,

There is no option for this. It's probably better to adjust the number of
objects in memory to get a decent hit ratio rather than trying to have a
policy based on what can fit into memory. If your hit ratio on the memory
cache is not high enough then you may get almost the same performance by
disabling the memory cache and only using a disk (or mysql) cache.

Regards
Al