Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Balaji Varadarajan <v....@ymail.com.INVALID> on 2019/05/06 22:57:34 UTC

Re: Travis CI integration

 Hi Mentors,
It looks like we need to provide credentials for Travis to Infra. Any idea how we can generate Travis credentials for Apache incubator projects ?
More info here : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18313?focusedCommentId=16834171&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16834171

Balaji.V
    On Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 3:39:35 PM PDT, Balaji Varadarajan <v....@ymail.com.INVALID> wrote:

  I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18313 for this.
Balaji.V

    On Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 1:55:02 PM PDT, Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

 +1

You can do that, there r projects using Travis ci

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Travis CI integration

Posted by "vbalaji@apache.org" <vb...@apache.org>.
 Travis CI support folks finally replied back to confirm that the CI account used for incubator-hudi belongs to Apache.
Thanks Thomas and everyone for your suggestions and help.
Balaji.V
    On Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 10:32:51 AM PDT, Balaji Varadarajan <v....@ymail.com.INVALID> wrote:

  Thomas,
Yes, Travis has worked well for us. I dont want to change to Jenkins just for this case.The flink link has only settings related to CI environment and obviously nothing related to Travis account details.
I also tried reaching to Travis support to see if they can point in any direction but to no avail. I will try to ping other Apache project's PPMC directly. If you know of any one, please let me know.
It is weird why this part of the process is a tribal knowledge. A proper documentation would help greatly.
Balaji.V
    On Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 1:24:36 PM PDT, Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

 yes. but the travis account is from the old location of the repo i.e Uber's.We are trying to see if we can avail the ci infra in apache..
Balaji probably can answer the Jenkins part.
On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 5:36 PM Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi,

Isn't the Travis integration already working?
https://www.travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-hudi/builds

I don't have experience setting up Travis myself, but the Flink project is
using it and you could checkout their setup:
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/.travis.yml

Also, did you consider using Jenkins?

Thanks,
Thomas