Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2021/11/19 13:37:18 UTC

Process for submitting PR's for Documentation and Ref Guide improvements

I was looking at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15789?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17446239#comment-17446239 and https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/HowToContribute page and wanted to see if I could get some guidance on that process…

I agree that creating a JIRA *can* be a bit of a pain, on the other hand for contributors, it’s a good way of making sure their PR doesn’t get lost….    Or of hand holding them through the contribution process….

I was wondering if we could figure this out, and then document it in the HowToContribute page.

I look at documentation and ref guide fixes as the on ramp to code PR’s and new blood ;-)

Eric

Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com <http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> | My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>
Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed <https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.

Re: Process for submitting PR's for Documentation and Ref Guide improvements

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Jan pointed out to me that we have https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15682 for migrating to a CONTRIBUTING.md file.

I’m assigning the ticket to myself to try and take a fresh look at this documentation, and hopefully be able to delete the old HowToContribute cwiki page.

Will definitely need other eyes though!