Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by kedar <ke...@netcore.co.in> on 2016/02/11 11:10:10 UTC

Keyspaces not found in cqlsh

I am using cqlsh 5.0.1 | Cassandra 2.1.2, recently we are unable to see
/ desc keyspaces and query tables through cqlsh on either of the two nodes

cqlsh> desc keyspaces

<empty>

cqlsh> use user_index;
cqlsh:user_index> desc table list_1_10;

Keyspace 'user_index' not found.
cqlsh:user_index>
cqlsh>  select * from system.schema_keyspaces;
Keyspace 'system' not found.
cqlsh>
We are running a 2 node cluster. The Python - Django app that inserts
data is running without any failure and system logs show nothing abnormal.

./nodetool repair on one node hasn't helped ./nodetool cfstats shows all
the tables too

Kedar Parikh

Ext : 2224
Dir : +91 22 61782224
Mob : +91 9819634734
Email : kedar.parikh@netcore.co.in
Web : www.netcore.co.in

Re: Keyspaces not found in cqlsh

Posted by Ryan Svihla <rs...@foundev.pro>.
Kedar,

I recommend asking the user list user@cassandra.apache.org this list is for the development of cassandra and you're more likely to find someone on the user list who may have hit this issue.

Curious issue though I haven't seen that myself.

Regards,
Ryan Svihla

Posted by Ryan Svihla <rs...@foundev.pro>.
Kedar,

Posted by Sebastian Estevez <se...@datastax.com>.

> On restart of one node 1 could see repeated errors like " Mutation of
> 22076203 bytes is too large for the maxiumum size of 16777216"

Commitlog segment size is the right lever to get C* to accept larger writes
but this is not a traditional use for cassandra. Cassandra is built to
handle lots and lots of small writes, not huge ones. I envision you will
have other pains as a result of your large mutations. If you want to write
huge values consider chunking them up into smaller writes.

Followed by a rolling restart again. And now there is a single version and
> keyspaces are back in cqlsh.

Good, your original problem was due to the schema disagreement issue and
the rolling restart solved it.

All the best,

[image: datastax_logo.png] <http://www.datastax.com/>

Sebastián Estévez

Solutions Architect | 954 905 8615 | sebastian.estevez@datastax.com

[image: linkedin.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/datastax> [image:
facebook.png] <https://www.facebook.com/datastax> [image: twitter.png]
<https://twitter.com/datastax> [image: g+.png]
<https://plus.google.com/+Datastax/about>
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/datastax>
<http://goog_410786983>

<http://www.datastax.com/gartner-magic-quadrant-odbms>

DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database technology,
delivering Apache Cassandra to the world’s most innovative enterprises.
Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably scalable to any
size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries, DataStax is the
database technology and transactional backbone of choice for the worlds
most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit, and eBay.

Posted by kedar <ke...@netcore.co.in>.
Thanks a ton Sebastian.

Posted by Sebastian Estevez <se...@datastax.com>.

Posted by kedar <ke...@netcore.co.in>.