Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ao...@meridianp2p.com on 2004/07/26 15:16:22 UTC

Need help - SOAPFault converted to exception

I'm sending this again, as I would really appreciate a pointer in the
right direction with this.
I have searched the message archives - if the answer is there I'm afraid
that I haven't found it.
thanks,
aoife
----- Forwarded by Aoife Kavanagh/MVR on 26/07/2004 14:12 -----

Aoife.Kavanagh@meridianp2p.com
26/07/2004 11:59
Please respond to axis-user

        To:     axis-user@ws.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        SOAPFault converted to exceptin

Hi,
I have a client that in certain conditions may receive a SOAPFault from
the server.  The service spec that I'm working to says that the fault
string will be one of four values and the client needs to be able to
determine which of those values caused the error.  According  the Axis
installation guide Axis will convert the fault to a Java exception.  I can
use getMessage() on the exception to get the Fault string but what's the
best way of getting the fault code (to ensure it's a Server rather than a
Client generated fault)?

In fact, is this really the only way that a client using generated stubs
can access a SOAP fault?

Thanks
Aoife