Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by ruphine kengne <ru...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/01 15:54:11 UTC

Interest in contributing to Apache FIneract CN

Hello everyone,

Happy New Month of March.

I am  Ruphine Kengne from the beautiful city of Buea, Cameroon, a Computer
Engineering student at the University of Buea who was an intern at
Skylabase Inc a couple of years back.

I am interested in contributing to Apache Fineract/Mifos X during and after
the upcoming session of GSOC 2018. I have looked at the functionalities of
the Community App and i was wondering if working on the web UI for the Group
Loan Management Service <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINCN-3>of
Fineract CN is worthwhile. In addition, the project does not have proper
documentation yet.

I look forward to interacting with you all and contributing to this awesome
community.

Regards,
Ruphine Kengne.

Re: Interest in contributing to Apache FIneract CN

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.
Hello Ruphine,

Nice meeting you here.

You might want to look at what has already been implemented on the API side
of Fineract CN, here <https://github.com/apache/fineract-cn-group>
I think at the moment you can create groups, add leaders to the groups
along with members and schedule meetings.
Am reading that from the Feign Client Interface of the Group Service here
<https://github.com/apache/fineract-cn-group/blob/develop/api/src/main/java/io/mifos/group/api/v1/client/GroupManager.java>

And try to understand how fims-web-app works and evaluate how you will
first consume the existing Group APIs on the front end before extending the
Microservice to encompass more features as driven by a business
implementation of Fineract or Fineract CN.

So the first step might be for you to understand the API and consume the
existing services via fims.
Second step will be to extend the Group Microservice wrt new feature
requests or following whats on Fineract 1 (the monolith).

Aside: Ruphine am still thinking of the new web app you developed for
Fineract 1 using Angular 4/5...I remember we discussed last year about
contributing it back to Fineract. In time I will start a separate thread to
evaluate if the community is willing to accept a new web app for Fineract 1.

Thanks,
Awasum

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Hello Ruphine,