Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Scott Moore <sm...@novacoxmail.com> on 2002/05/01 15:23:17 UTC

Adding Fonts - Must I use absolute paths in fopconfig.xml?

I've got my own servlet with FOP which reads a fopconfig.xml file that I
deploy with the servlet.  So far, so good.

However, when I added fonts to fopconfig.xml, I had a bunch of problems
until I hardcoded the path to the font under my servlet.  Obviously, this is
a problem because my servlet (supposedly) can be deployed anywhere and I
need to use a relative path for the font files.

I set the baseDir beforehand, but that doesn't seem to help.

This works:

kerning="yes" embed-file="C:\tomcat\webapps\reportserver\Conf\arial.ttf">

This doesn't:

embed-file="Conf/arial.ttf">

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Thanks for any help,
Scott

Re: Adding Fonts - Must I use absolute paths in fopconfig.xml?

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
This is a bug. The base is ignored when reading font information.