Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Radu Tudoran <ra...@huawei.com> on 2016/04/16 20:31:28 UTC

jar dependency in the cluster

Hi,

Could anyone help me with the following problem:

I have a flink cluster of a couple of nodes (i am using the old version 0.10).
I am packaging a jar that needs to use kafka connector. When I create the jar in eclipse I am adding the flink connector dependency and set to be packed with the jar. Nevertheless, when I submitted it to be executed on the cluster I get an error that the jar connector is not visible for the class loader. Is there a way in which I can set flink to use a certain library path where to look for dependencies or maybe when I deploy either the flink cluster or submit the job to add extra dependencies.

Many thanks

Dr. Radu Tudoran
Research Engineer - Big Data Expert
IT R&D Division

[cid:image007.jpg@01CD52EB.AD060EE0]
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
European Research Center
Riesstrasse 25, 80992 München

E-mail: radu.tudoran@huawei.com
Mobile: +49 15209084330
Telephone: +49 891588344173

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
Hansaallee 205, 40549 Düsseldorf, Germany, www.huawei.com<http://www.huawei.com/>
Registered Office: Düsseldorf, Register Court Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Managing Director: Bo PENG, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf, Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Geschäftsführer: Bo PENG, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

Re: jar dependency in the cluster

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
Did you double check that your jar does contain the Kafka connector
classes? I would assume that the jar is not assembled correctly.

See her for some help on how to package jars correctly:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/apis/cluster_execution.html#linking-with-modules-not-contained-in-the-binary-distribution

One way would be this (even if I think, this would not be required to
solve your problem):
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31784051/how-to-reference-the-external-jar-in-flink

-Matthias