Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Riepl, Gregor (SWISS TXT)" <Gr...@swisstxt.ch> on 2020/10/01 12:15:52 UTC

Re: Dev Environment

Hi Dirk,

My second problem is with git branches. My problem here is that I wanted to use the cloudstack version 4.13.1 as base, for this reason I checkout the 4.13.1 branch, but the build process goes wrong with a couple of errors, after this I checkout the master and revert it to the commit b2ffa3e<https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/b2ffa3efa58a1569dbaa8a34f723756926e22820>.

But the build process still didn’t work. Then I thought  that I have  problems with my dev environment and test the build process with the official release, but this works fine. So now I’m a little bit confused. What should I do, when I want to use a specific code base version?

I had similar problems when I tried to build tags, but I can't quite remember how I solved them.
Note that there is no 4.13.1 branch, only 4.13. There is a tag for 4.13.1.0 though. Perhaps you should try again with the HEAD of 4.13?

Your best option will probably be to clean out any build leftovers and maybe even your Maven cache, then try again. There may also be subtle differences in building with IntelliJ and from the command line.

Regards,
Gregor

RE: Dev Environment

Posted by "Klahre, Dirk" <Di...@itelligence.de>.
Hi Gregor,

thanks for your answer.
You're right, solved my problem too. :)

Thanks for your help
Regards
Dirk

Dirk Klahre
Cloud Stack Developer - Cloud Management Platform
GMS Cloud Infrastructure Services

We Transform. Trust into Value

itelligence Global Managed Services GmbH ▪ Breitscheidstrasse 48 ▪ 01237 Dresden
phone: +49 3591 5253-1562 ▪
e-mail: Dirk.Klahre@itelligence.de

www.itelligencegroup.com

Wir halten Sie immer auf dem Laufenden!
Folgen Sie uns auf unseren Social Media Kanälen:
Xing LinkedIn Facebook Twitter

Profitieren Sie vom Know-how unserer Experten – mit dem itelligence Infoservice! Jetzt kostenlos registrieren!

itelligence Global Managed Services GmbH ▪ Sitz: Bautzen ▪ Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 21356