Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Savolainen Sampo <Sa...@mmmtike.fi> on 2010/07/15 13:31:16 UTC

Performance degredation with getAttributeNames() calls (MYFACES-2823)

Hi,

I've ran into performance issues when running a MyFaces + RichFaces apps
on Tomcat. When rendering JSF components, myfaces ends up calling
Request.getAttributeNames() repetively. I profiled an application while
rendering a single relatively simple page and found 1000+ calls to the
function. Calling getAttributeNames() in Tomcat 6 is a relatively slow
operation when there is an SSL connector configured in the server. Thus
the massive amount of calls to this function ends up taking a
substantial amount of time in respect to all processing required for
executing the request.

I filed this in the JIRA. The bug report contains version numbers and a
short trace from the profiler session.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-2823

  Sampo