Posted to user@struts.apache.org by WongTseng <wa...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/08 07:37:03 UTC

Re: Issue: using logic:iterate to display rows and html:button to dis tinguish one of them

It's bacause you have more than one hidden elements with the same name,so
whichever
row you choose to delete, your action will recive an array of parameter
values with the same  parameter name. That's the reason why you always get
the id of the first row. I suggest you to use a radio boxs to replace the
hidden elements,and only one delete button is enough.
2006/10/26, Gallagher, Jim (RBoS ITD&S Dublin) <Ji...@rbs.co.uk>:

> Hi
> Apologies if this is a simple issue, but it's driving me insane.
>
> In my web app (using Struts 1.1 on Java 1.4 & Websphere) I have a jsp that
> is using logic:iterate to display a sequence of records.
>
> On each row I have a "Delete" button, which should cause the object that
> row
> represents to be deleted. I have a form defined and the Delete button
> submits the form, currently with a html:hidden tag providing the key of
> the
> row to be deleted (contactID).
>
> The full jsp code is:

> <logic:iterate id="outstandinglist" name="outstandingList" indexId="index"
> property="arrayList" type="temptest.OrderDetail">
> <bean:write name="outstandinglist" property="contactID" />
> <bean:write name="outstandinglist" property="contactFirstName" />
> lt;bean:write name="outstandinglist" property="contactLastName" />
> <bean:write name="outstandinglist" property="organisationName" />
> <bean:write name="outstandinglist" property="dateOrderSent" />
> <bean:write name="outstandinglist" property="orderStatus" />
> <bean:write name="outstandinglist" property="errorCode" />
> <bean:write name="outstandinglist" property="serviceUserNo" />
> <bean:write name="outstandinglist" property="billingSortCode" />
> <bean:write name="outstandinglist" property="billingAccountNo" />
> value="Delete" />
> </logic:iterate>
>
> My problem is that the contactID returned is always the first one
> displayed,
> not the one of the row selected. I changed the hidden tag to a text one to
> see the value being written and it was the correct contactID, but on
> pressing the button the contactID retrieved in the Action is always the
> first row displayed.
>
> Could anybody suggest a) a solution to the above issue and/or b) a more
> elegant way to achieve what I'm trying to do?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
>                                  Regards,
>
>                                          Jim
>
> Jim Gallagher
>

> The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. 90312.
> Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB
>
> Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
>
> This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If
> the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return
> the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from
> your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Royal Bank
> of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this
> message after it was sent.
>
> Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of
> viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward
> transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not
> [...]

Wong Tseng
王曾