Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/11 20:34:45 UTC

[TWEET] Official tweet

I plan to send this out from the official twitter account.  Any
objections/changes?

*#ApacheFlex 4.9.0 released http://markmail.org/message/fcftgstdmvewcsya.
 For easy installation use the Flex SDK installer
http://flex.apache.org/installer.html *

It will be less than 140 characters when the urls are shortened.

Thanks,
Om

Re: [TWEET] Official tweet

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 11, 2013 2:33 PM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 1/11/13 11:41 AM, "Om" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM, jude <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Do we have a blog we can announce it on instead of pointing to an
email?

> > Good idea.  Who has the access to our blog account?  Can you please copy
> > the contents of the announce email [1] into a blog post?
> >
> Posted. [2]
>
> [2] https://blogs.apache.org/flex/entry/apache_flex_4_9_0

Great, this will be the official tweet then:

#ApacheFlex 4.9.0 released: https://blogs.apache.org/flex For easy
installation use the Flex SDK installer
http://flex.apache.org/installer.html

It will go out when this email is one hour old.

Thanks,
Om

Re: [TWEET] Official tweet

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 1/11/13 2:54 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Long shot but any chance of getting it into the welcome screen of
> FlashBuilder?
We can, but I have to go through another team so I don't want to hit them up
very often.  I was going to wait for the press release and get that in the
welcome screen.

> 4.6 FB still has "Flex SDK To Be Contributed to Apache" as it top story.
Not for me.  We had it switched to 4.8.0 way back when it was released.  Was
that on a fresh startup of 4.6?  I wonder why you aren't seeing the 4.8.0
post.

> I can't check 4.7 currently as I get "Licensing for this product has expired".
> 4.7 really doesn't want me to use it.
I assume you did the dance to get your new license key?  You also have to
uninstall the beta and install the real version.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [TWEET] Official tweet

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 1/11/13 3:04 PM, "Scott Castle" <sc...@adobe.com> wrote:
>
> > I'll get the Fb 4.7 welcome screen updated to reference 4.9 (currently it
> > advertises 4.8).  Not sure if we can dynamically update the 4.6 welcome
> > screen but I'll check.
> Thanks Scott.  We did get 4.6 changed to show 4.8, so I know it is
> "possible".

Scott, Alex, any luck with this?  4.6 and 4.7 both show Apache Flex 4.8
still.

Thanks,
Om

Re: [TWEET] Official tweet

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: [TWEET] Official tweet

Posted by Scott Castle <sc...@adobe.com>.
I'll get the Fb 4.7 welcome screen updated to reference 4.9 (currently it
advertises 4.8).  Not sure if we can dynamically update the 4.6 welcome
screen but I'll check.

- Scott

Re: [TWEET] Official tweet

Re: [TWEET] Official tweet

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 1/11/13 1:39 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would also be good if we could get something here:
> http://blogs.adobe.com/flex/
OK, posted a reference to our blog post.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [TWEET] Official tweet