Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by SofIAm <so...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/20 02:51:51 UTC

http://localhost:8080/openejb/installer is not working

I'm trying to figure out ${catalina.base}.

I'm getting HTTP 404 error. I know Tomcat is running because my Struts
project is working. I tried http://127.0.0.1:8080/openejb, same 404 error.

I have the following installed:
Tomcat 6.0
jdk 6
Eclipse 3.2

Not being a system guru, I tried to run my catalina.bat which sets
catalina-base var and got nothing.

openejb.war is currently it's under Tomcat/webapps.

Please help me figure out which directory to place openejb.war.

Re: http://localhost:8080/openejb/installer is not working

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 3:02 AM, SofIAm <so...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've actually found the in the console.
> Dcatalina.base=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0

I think it's the spaces which causes the 404. Start it over with
Tomcat installed in a directory without spaces. See
http://openejb.apache.org/tomcat.html for some guidance.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

Re: http://localhost:8080/openejb/installer is not working

Posted by SofIAm <so...@yahoo.com>.

SofIAm wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out ${catalina.base}.
>
> I'm getting HTTP 404 error. I know Tomcat is running because my Struts
> project is working. I tried http://127.0.0.1:8080/openejb, same 404 error.
>
> I have the following installed:
> Tomcat 6.0
> jdk 6
> Eclipse 3.2
>
> Not being a system guru, I tried to run my catalina.bat which sets
> catalina-base var and got nothing.
>
> openejb.war is currently it's under Tomcat/webapps.
>
> Please help me figure out which directory to place openejb.war.

I've actually found the in the console.
Dcatalina.base=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0

I believe the war file is in the correct directory under Tomcat 6.0\webapps.
Why I'm getting 404 error?

Any help would be appreciated.