Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Swaroop George <sw...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/23 21:34:43 UTC

badly need help on some issues with jakarta Tomcat Connector for IIS

Context: I am trying to setup a reverse proxy solution from a DMZ
server to an internal server. The DMZ server is running Windows
2003(32 bit) with IIS 6.0. The internal server is another Windows 2003
box running a JBoss/Tomcat app server.

Additional complexity: The product is Learning Management system from
Saba (http://www.saba.com/products/). The internal LMS server
communicates with a content server (another box running JBoss/Tomcat).

What have been achieved so far?: We used Jakarta Tomcat
Connector(isapi_redirect.dll) for redirection from the DMZ IIS server
to the Tomcat LMS server and that bit is working fine. Redirection to
the content server is also working fine without any specific entries
in the worker.properties file for the content server. DMZ IIS is
serving pages from both LMS and content servers.

What is not working?: The product uses SCORM API whenever the course
progress needs to be saved etc. SCORM API is a set of javascript calls
initiated from the user's browser (calls like LMSInitialize). These
javascript calls does not go through and shows javascript errors, and
the course progress is not being saved.

The precise error being shown is a dialog box with error message
LMSInitialize Error: General Exception

Any help will be highly appreciated

Re: badly need help on some issues with jakarta Tomcat Connector for IIS

Posted by Per Jonsson <pe...@laetus.se>.
Usually the SCORM functionality is hidden in a Servlet or something
similar so the problem if the client can't get throu to that particular
servlet or resource it needs. Ask the product support if there is any
special path which the client have to have access to in the LMS. And
make sure you have the right setup in the IIS, tomcat and conector
settings so the client (webreader) have access to this servlet/resource.

/Per Jonsson