Posted to announcements@jakarta.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2007/10/09 11:39:35 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha6 Released

The Jakarta HttpComponents project is pleased to announce the release of
HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha6. This version sports an improved
message parsing and formatting API in the base module and lots of
incremental improvements and bug fixes in the NIO and NIOSSL modules.
Based on the improved API, it is now possible to send and receive SIP
messages with HttpCore.

HttpCore is now feature complete and we are planning to freeze the
public APIs as of the next release (BETA1).

Download -
<http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_httpcomponents-httpcore.cgi>
Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
HttpComponents site - <http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/>

About HttpComponents Core -
The HttpCore components implement the most fundamental aspects of the
HTTP protocol. They are nonetheless sufficient to develop basic client
side and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint and no
external dependencies. HttpCore NIO extensions can be used to build
asynchronous HTTP services based on non-blocking I/O model capable of
handling a great number of simultaneous connections with just a few I/O
threads.

HttpCore will form the foundation of the future releases of Apache HttpClient.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha6 Released

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 09.10.2007, at 17:08, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 15:54 +0200, Erik Abele wrote:
>> On 09.10.2007, at 11:39, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
>>
>>> The Jakarta HttpComponents project is pleased to announce the
>>> release of
>>> HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha6.
>>
>> Congrats but what about also using announce@a.o...? ;-)
>
> Hi Erik
>
> I did not even know we had an ASF wide list for announcements and
> such.
> Do you think it would still be okay to post the announcement now?

Sure, though might need some time depending on the availability of
the moderators...

Cheers,
Erik

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha6 Released

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 15:54 +0200, Erik Abele wrote:
> On 09.10.2007, at 11:39, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
>
> > The Jakarta HttpComponents project is pleased to announce the
> > release of
> > HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha6.
>
> Congrats but what about also using announce@a.o...? ;-)

Hi Erik

I did not even know we had an ASF wide list for announcements and such.
Do you think it would still be okay to post the announcement now?

Cheers

Oleg

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.