Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/05 06:56:05 UTC

Microprofile APIs

Hi again,

I have noticed that some MP implementations in Geronimo have APIs
duplicated (JWT for instance) some other not (Config for instance).
I have quickly chatted with Romain, he told me that's because of the OSGI
integration mainly.

Was wondering if instead of duplicating, we could maybe import and have
kinda shade mecanism to make them OSGI ready.
We could also only override what we need to and get the rest from the
Eclipse API jar.

I'm not a big fan of duplicating the code, just to change a tiny bit. It
also makes upgrades harder because you have to do the diff and replicate
the changes.

What do you think?

Jean-Louis

Re: Microprofile APIs