Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Jigna <ji...@hatch.com> on 2021/01/18 18:15:50 UTC

Ignite service

Hi,

Can I write Ignite service using c#? If I can write a service, I want to
register that service on the Ignite server node. How to register that
service on the server node?

https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/services/services
<https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/services/services>

I am using above link to write my service in .Net. I am not sure how to
implement Ignite service in .Net. Would you please help me?

Thank you,
Jigna

Re: Ignite service

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

You can run code on both server or client node, so it is up to you to
decide where do you want to call deploy.

No, you cannot register C# services using Spring XML

Ilya Kasnacheev

Re: Ignite service

Re: Ignite service

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
> can I register my .net service in the configuration xml file
To start an Ignite service, you have to call one of IServices.Deploy*
methods,
XML config files can't be used for that.

> Gridgain community version 8.7.28
This is Apache Ignite mailing list, for GridGain product support please
contact them directly.
Even though GridGain is based on Ignite, it is a different product.

Re: Ignite service

Re: Ignite service

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Yes, you can write an Ignite service in C#.
I see that C# examples are missing in the new docs, we will fix that.

Meanwhile, please check the old C#/.NET docs [1], the API docs [2]
and a blog post with Java -> .NET service call example, if you need that
[3].

[1] https://apacheignite-net.readme.io/docs/service-example
[2]
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/dotnetdoc/api/Apache.Ignite.Core.Services.IServices.html