Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Benjamin Pieritz <de...@wistedter-jungs.de> on 2006/03/24 13:09:03 UTC

An unsupported signature or encryption algorithm was used (unsupported key transport encryption algorithm: no provider: http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#rsa-1_5)

Hey!

I got the same problem that Julien described in this mailing list
on 3 August 2005. I'm simply trying to encrypt the UsernameToken and
getting an

org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: WSHandler: Encryption: error
during message processingorg.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: An
unsupported signature or encryption algorithm was used (unsupported key
transport encryption algorithm: no provider:
http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#rsa-1_5)

Werners answer was the following:

"usually the handlers that are included with WSS4J (Axis
handlers and JAX-RPC handlers are availiable) are controling
the setup of SOAP requests. Pls have a look in the Javadoc
of the **/axis/ directory / paackage."

Maybe I'm stupid in this case, but it just doesn't help me.

## My client wsdd: ##
  <transport name="http"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender"/>
   <globalConfiguration >
    <requestFlow >
     <handler type="java:org.apache.ws.axis.security.WSDoAllSender" >
      <parameter name="action" value="UsernameToken Encrypt"/>
      <parameter name="encryptionPropFile" value="crypto.properties" />
      <parameter name="encryptionKeyIdentifier" value="X509KeyIdentifier" />
      <parameter name="encryptionUser" value="pubcert" />
      <parameter name="encryptionParts"
value="{Element}{http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd}UsernameToken"
/>
     </handler>
    </requestFlow >
   </globalConfiguration >
</deployment>

## My crpto.properties at client side: ##
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.provider=org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Merlin
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.type=jks
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.password=secret
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.alias=pubcert
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.alias.password=secret
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.file=pub.keystore

## The key was generated with the following command: ##
keytool -genkey -keyalg RSA -keystore pub.keystore -alias pubcert

This is quite urgend since I have to finish this project by sunday.

Thank you very much in advance!
-Benjamin

Re: An unsupported signature or encryption algorithm was used (unsupported key transport encryption algorithm: no provider: http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#rsa-1_5)

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
The standard JCE that comes with Java does not support RSA
with the requiered key-length AFAIK.

We always require/recommend to have the BouncyCastle crypto
lib installed abd in the classpath.

Regards,
Werner

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.