Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Paul Sanford Friedman <pf...@vis.com> on 2001/04/05 23:34:20 UTC

cannot load servlet

Hello all,
    In learning more about Struts, I have attempted an application based on
the struts-example mail app.
When the application is launched (or when I restart Tomcat-3.2.1) the
Default Action Servlet cannot seem to find my DatabaseServlet.
    The exact line is: "cannot load servlet databaseServlet" where in my
web.xml
<servlet>
    <servlet-name>databaseServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>foo.bar.DatabaseServlet</servlet-class>
-- snip --
</servlet>
and the class itself is at app_home/WEB-INF/classes/foo/bar/DatabaseServlet.

I've tried a number of things (adding class in .jar to classpath, alter
web.xml, remove all other contexts from Tomcat, remove then replace all
references to the program. . .) but in the end the ActionServlet never finds
the servlet.

Two questions:
1) Where is this line being generated? (my initial thought is in the
ActionServlet class but I can't seem to find the line);
2) How can I rectify the problem?

pax et bonum. p.