Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by fr...@virgilio.it on 2001/06/12 22:13:39 UTC

Re:[C2] InvalidArgumentException

>> Hi,
>> I've inserted these raws in server.xml:
>>
>> <Context path="/cocoon" docBase="webapps/cocoon" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
>> </Context>

>Try using
>   <Context path="/cocoon" docBase="cocoon" debug="0" reloadable="true" >>
>   </Contxt>

>The default directory base is inside the webapps dir.

>Giacomo

Thank you Giacomo, but I've received the same error.
Another idea?

Only a doubt: my webapps/cocoon dir has thi permissions
(generated by cocoon.war, I suppose)

 77248    1 drwxr-xr-x   11 root     root         1024 Jun 12 19:53 cocoon

Are they right?

>> This is catalina.out:
>> ----------------
>> [root@localhost logs]# more catalina.out
>> Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
>> Apache Tomcat/4.0-m5
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base webapps/cocoon does not exist or \
>> is not a readable directory at \
>> org.apache.catalina.resources.FileResources.setDocBase(FileResources.java:159)
>> at org.apache.catalina.resources.ResourcesBase.setContainer(ResourcesBase.java:310)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.setResources(ContainerBase.java:770)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:2887)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1160)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1160)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:217)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:353)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:454)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:677)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:618)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:175)
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:134)

Francesco Casalena
L.U.G. "Il Pinguino"
Virgilio Mail - Il tuo indirizzo E-mail gratis
http://mail.virgilio.it

Re: Re:[C2] InvalidArgumentException

Posted by Matthew Cordes <co...@cs.usm.maine.edu>.
I had a similiar problem when the directory inside the webapps was a
symlink.  Could this be the case?

-matt