Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sidney Feiner <si...@startapp.com> on 2017/06/01 05:54:13 UTC

RE: Message getting lost in Kafka + Spark Streaming

Are you sure that every message gets processed? It could be that some messages failed passing the decoder.
And during the processing, are you maybe putting the events into a map? That way, events with the same key could override each other and that way you'll have less final events.

Posted by Vikash Pareek <vi...@infoobjects.com>.
Thanks Sidney for your response,

To check if all the messages are processed I used accumulator and also add
a print statement for debuging.

*val accum = ssc.sparkContext.accumulator(0, "Debug Accumulator")*
*...*
*...*
*...*
*val mappedDataStream = dataStream.map(_._2);*
*      mappedDataStream.foreachRDD { rdd =>*
*...*
*...*
*...*
*partition.foreach { row =>*
*              if (debug) println(row.mkString)*
*              val keyedMessage = new KeyedMessage[String,
String](props.getProperty("outTopicUnharmonized"),*
*                null, row.toString())*
*              producer.send(keyedMessage)*
*              println("Messges sent to Kafka: " + keyedMessage.message)*
*              accum += 1*
*            }*
*            //hack, should be done with the flush*
*            Thread.sleep(1000)*
*            producer.close()*
*            print("Accumulator's value is: " + accum)*

And I am getting all the messages in "*println("Messges sent to Kafka: " +
keyedMessage.message)*" received by the stream, and accumulator value is
also same as number of incoming messages.

Best Regards,

[image: InfoObjects Inc.] <http://www.infoobjects.com/>
Vikash Pareek
Team Lead  *InfoObjects Inc.*
Big Data Analytics

m: +91 8800206898 a: E5, Jhalana Institutionall Area, Jaipur, Rajasthan
302004
w: www.linkedin.com/in/pvikash e: vikash.pareek@infoobjects.com