Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/12 08:41:18 UTC

NOTICE file update when bundling an apache 2.0 licensed dependency

Hi,

I just have quick question about Update the top-level NOTICE file.

When bunding the ASF Product, we need to put the copyright into the NOTICE
file[1].
For the other ASF Licensed bundled dependency , we need to analyzed the
NOTICE file[2].
But I checked modifications to NOTICE, it just says about  the Copyright
relocated issue[3]. I'm not sure if we still need to put bundled
dependencies NOTICE information into the top-level NOTICE file.

I found lots Apache project just put the Licenses information into the
NOTICE file
Is there an good example to show us how to update the top-level NOTICE file?

[1]http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundle-asf-product
[2]http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep
[3]http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice

Willem Jiang

          http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: NOTICE file update when bundling an apache 2.0 licensed dependency

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
For those who may have the same question like me,  here is the legal
discussion[1] in the Apache which shows some example.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-262

Willem Jiang

          http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang