Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Ekbote, Niranjan" <NE...@doubleclick.net> on 2004/03/18 21:26:06 UTC

Security Patch for JRun4

Hi,
	I got this info from this link
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/security/security_zone/mpsb04-04.html.
I wanted to ask axis devs these questions:
A) Does this patch have anything to do with axis as such or is this
particular to Jrun4 only? That is if I am using a different application
server, do I need to worry about this?
The following two are more for the Macromedia developers contributing to
axis:
B) Is this patch to Jrun4-axis1.1 or Jrun4-axis1.0? That is if I download
the patch is my axis version going to change?
C) What exactly was fixed? It just says it is a fix for a DOS attack, but
does not say what kind of SOAP messages can cause this.

Once again, thanks in advance!

-- Niranjan.