Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Ulanov, Alexander" <al...@hpe.com> on 2016/01/04 22:06:18 UTC

RE: SparkML algos limitations question.

Hi Yanbo,

As long as two models fit into memory of a single machine, there should be no problems, so even 16GB machines can handle large models. (master should have more memory because it runs LBFGS) In my experiments, I’ve trained the models 12M and 32M parameters without issues.

Best regards, Alexander

Posted by Yanbo Liang <yb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexander,

That's cool! Thanks for the clarification.

Yanbo

Posted by Yanbo Liang <yb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexander,