Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by tog <gu...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/11 10:08:57 UTC

template for simple frontend

Hi,

I was wondering if wsdl2java is working for other front end and databinding
than jaxws and jaxb. Using simple frontend and aegis databinding in GroovyWS
I would like to investigate a contract first approach ...
I found some velocity templates in the source code but could not figure out
yet if they are used - and where they are.

Any comment ?

Best Regards
Guillaume

signature validation with \r [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Posted by Andrew Rowe <an...@abs.gov.au>.
Problem
We're signing our JAXWS messages using XWSS and getting a signature
validation error on one of the calls.  It appears that carriage returns
(CR, "\r"*) in one of the parameters for that call is causing the problem.
Note it seems to be only carriage returns, not linefeeds (LF, "\n") which
cause issues.

Solution
This problem has been encountered before by another project.  Apparently
Sun was notified of the issue but never responded.  that project ended up
simply stripping the CR\LFs from their offending parameter (which didn't
mind at all, since it was a quiet and uncomplaining XML document).

Solution part 1
Removing the carriage returns but leaving newlines ("\n") appears to work
for us.  That's probably because (AFAIK) Java IO and string handling is
generally happy to accept any of CR, LF, or CR\LF as line breaks.

i'm using a timestamp and signature as follows:

      <bean id="wss4jInConfiguration" class=
"org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JInInterceptor">
            <property name="properties">
                  <map>
                        <entry key="action" value="Timestamp Signature" />
                        <entry key="passwordType" value="PasswordDigest" />
                        <entry key="signaturePropFile" value=
"server_sign.properties"></entry>
                        <entry>
                              <key>
                                    <value>passwordCallbackRef</value>
                              </key>
                              <ref bean="passwordCallback" />
                        </entry>
                  </map>
            </property>
      </bean>

with CXF 2.2.1 and spring 2.5.5

My question for the list is,  this a bug with the signing CXF
infrastructure or just a feature I will have to get used to?

Andrew Rowe.
Australian Bureau of Statistics.
TSD TA for Dissemination Services,
ABS House 5s152
Mob 04 381 777 86
Free publications and statistics available on www.abs.gov.au

Re: template for simple frontend

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Mon May 11 2009 9:33:18 am tog wrote:
> Thanks Benson for this quick answer
> So for contract first is jaxb my only solution ?

Currently, there IS the xmlbeans databinding and the wsdl2java can generate
some code for it.   It's not "complete" in that it doesn't currently generate
the configuration that would be required to go along with the code.  The SEI
interface and types and stuff are all OK, but there isn't anything to tell the
"runtime" that this requires XMLBeans.   Thus, you would need to augment the
generated code with some config.   (patches to add the config would be great.
:-)

There is a GSoC project to add SDO capabilities as well.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: template for simple frontend

Posted by tog <gu...@gmail.com>.

--

PGP KeyID: 1024D/47172155
FingerPrint: C739 8B3C 5ABF 127F CCFA  5835 F673 370B 4717 2155

http://cheztog.blogspot.com

Re: template for simple frontend

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.