Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "BB@umd" <bb...@umd.edu> on 2009/06/19 23:04:26 UTC

Dynamic DropdownBox (Select)

Good afternoon.

I would like to implement a Tapestry 5-based dynamic DropDownBox "Category",
which has one child called "Application" which has a child too called
"Version". These boxes are populated with three functions which browse a
mysql database and return lists.

Here is the signature of these (existing) functions :
public ArrayList<String> getCategories();
public ArrayList<String> getApplicationsFromSelectedCategory(String
category);
public ArrayList<String> getVersionsFronSelectedApplication(String
application);

I tried a lots of thing to implement these three selectboxest, including
DynamicSelect from net.sf.lombok library (which works perfectly but only
with one child) and javascript code, but I still didn't manage to populate
each child from its parent selection.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks