Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Marty Bergerud <Ma...@notes.ntrs.com> on 2007/06/29 22:01:15 UTC

Bug in tag??

I am experiencing a problem with the <t:div> tag, I cannot load the
styleClass attribute from a backing bean. (The styleClass works fine when
it is a static entry) The funny thing is that I can pass a completely
wrong backing bean expression and Faces does not detect the error. Can
someone please try to reproduce this, It should be easy, just copy this
code into any jsf page and run it.

<t:div forceId="true" id="searchClosed" styleClass="
#{doesNotExistBB.searchClosedClass}" >
123
</t:div>

I am using MyFaces 1.1.5
Thanks,
Marty

Re: Bug in tag??

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
If only a getter is called, the ELResolver will return null - if you
try to call a setter (or a method-binding), you'll fall flat on the
nose with an exception.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: Bug in tag??

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Congrats!

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: Bug in tag??

Posted by Abhijit Ghosh <ab...@gmail.com>.
Congrats!

Re: Bug in tag??

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!!!

--
Grant Smith

Re: Bug in tag??

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bug in tag??

Posted by Marty Bergerud <Ma...@notes.ntrs.com>.
David,
Thanks for the suggestion, the outputText did NOT return the string that I
was expecting. The problem must lie in my environment and not the tag. I'm
currently looking into it.
Thanks, Marty

David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>
07/01/2007 07:51 AM
Please respond to
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

MyFaces Discussion <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Bug in <t:div> tag??

What does this outputs?
<t:div forceId="true" id="searchClosed1"
styleClass="#{ras$jsf$interestRate.searchClosedClass}" >
Should have class: <h:outputText
value="{ras$jsf$interestRate.searchClosedClass}"/>
</t:div>

Re: Bug in tag??

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
What does this outputs?

Re: Bug in tag??

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.

> Sorry, just had a kid, barely any time to just read my email :-)

Congrats Andrew:)

Re: Bug in tag??

Posted by Marty Bergerud <Ma...@notes.ntrs.com>.
The $ is a convention used by Struts-2 (Shale). It reflects the directory
path to your jsp. There are some features of Shale that require that
convention ( I can't remember exactly what it was though ). Even though I
am not currently using Shale, I have my project set up for its use just in
case I need it.

Marty

Christopher Cudennec <Sm...@gmx.net>
07/01/2007 02:57 AM

Marty Bergerud schrieb:

> Andrew,
> I ran the test successfully, the jsp contained...
> <t:div forceId="true" id="searchClosed1" styleClass="#{'tmsHidden'}" >
> 123
> </t:div>
>
> The resultant browser "view source" correctly yeilded...
> 123
>
> This shows that the faces back end is properly parsing the
> #{'tmsHidden'} expression.
>
> now if I replace the jsf code with...
> <t:div forceId="true" id="searchClosed1"
> styleClass="#{ras$jsf$interestRate.searchClosedClass}" >
> 123
> </t:div>
> Note: the interestRate backing bean is being successfully used thruout
> the page.  Here is the source for the method..
>         private String searchClosedClass = "tmsHidden";
>         public String getSearchClosedClass() {
>                 System.out.println("getSearchClosedClass called");
>                 return searchClosedClass;
>         }
>
> The method does not get called.
>
> The resultant browser "view source" yeilds...
> 123
>
> Would it be possible for you to try a similiar test?
>
> Thanks, Marty
>

> *"Andrew Robinson" <an...@gmail.com>*
>
> 06/29/2007 10:19 PM
> Please respond to
> "MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

>       "MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
>       Re: Bug in <t:div> tag??
>

> Is your bean returning null?
>
> Try this to ensure that the tag/component is working:
>
> <t:div forceId="true" id="searchClosed" styleClass="#{'abcd'}" >
> 123
> </t:div>
>
> If that works, then you know it is the code.
>
> As for not throwing an error, I'm not sure of the situations where
> "Base is null" is thrown, or null is used. I know that most of the
> time #{blah} will return null for me if blah doesn't exist.
>
> On 6/29/07, Marty Bergerud <Ma...@notes.ntrs.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am experiencing a problem with the <t:div> tag, I cannot load the
> > styleClass attribute from a backing bean. (The styleClass works fine
> when it
> > is a static entry) The funny thing is that I can pass a completely
wrong
> > backing bean expression and Faces does not detect the error. Can
someone
> > please try to reproduce this, It should be easy, just copy this code
> into
> > any jsf page and run it.
> >
> > <t:div forceId="true" id="searchClosed"
> > styleClass="#{doesNotExistBB.searchClosedClass}" >
> > 123
> > </t:div>
> >
> > I am using MyFaces 1.1.5
> > Thanks,