Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sanraj25 <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/21 14:30:59 UTC

Regarding Indexing data

Hi,
         I want some exact information regarding solr data. When we are
indexing the data  ,they are stored in same size or compressed .Because i
want to use large size of data . so if the size reduced i can store large
data in my server.

give some instruction to read the documents through admin of solr.Because i
sometimes want to read that documents

regards,
Santhanaraj R

Re: Regarding Indexing data

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
the data is stored in Lucene format. Lucene is the place to look if
you want to know the exact format.
Lucene stores only "stored" fields . If you need to just index the
data , the actual amount of data may be less than that of the input.
--Noble

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 6:00 PM, sanraj25 <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>         I want some exact information regarding solr data. When we are
> indexing the data  ,they are stored in same size or compressed .Because i
> want to use large size of data . so if the size reduced i can store large
> data in my server.
>
> give some instruction to read the documents through admin of solr.Because i
> sometimes want to read that documents
>
> regards,
> Santhanaraj R

--Noble Paul