Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no> on 2020/09/20 14:34:29 UTC

Re: [ANN] Apache Karaf 4.2.9 runtime has been released

I have packaged 4.2.9 as a debian package
 https://steinar.bang.priv.no/2018/01/23/installing-apache-karaf-on-debian/#comment-15434

I have only tested this with openjdk 11 on debian 10.5 "buster" on
amd64, but I use it there in production.

Note1! I needed to sign karaf 4.2.8 with a different key than earlier
releases because of an aptly bug, so anyone already using my APT
repository will need to add an extra GPG key. I have updated the apt-key
command example in the blog post to reflect this.

If you updated the key for 4.2.8 you don't have to do anything new.

Heh, it took 14 weeks and 3 days from the karaf 4.2.9 release until I
got around to make a deb package.  Ironically, this was the simplest deb
package upgrade I've done: I just changed the VERSION in the
debian/rules file and re-ran dpkg-buildpackage and that was all I had to
do (except for republishing the package in aptly)
 https://github.com/steinarb/karaf-debian/commit/9779a0a4513024ebd077f3442fcd4f8bd177bc79