Posted to users@camel.apache.org by dermoritz <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2015/11/18 12:53:57 UTC

Rest with basic auth

i created a little app that provides some services via rest. I am using rest
dsl with restlet component (i hav no problem if i have to switch).

No i want to secure it with basic auth so that i can provide the credentials
in url: http://user:pass@myservice.com/getsome

I tried it to set it up as described in restlet doc. But i am not sure if it
can read/use the credentials provided in url? My request with credentials in
url are all rejected with 404 as soon as i enable authentication.

the example on the page shows how to put the credentials in exchange's
header and send them. But in my case i have arbitrary client (no camel) in
most cases a browser.

So is there an example or an alternative way to setup basic auth?