Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/07 05:43:29 UTC

Taglibs in Subversion building

Or at least the String taglib built correctly for me, so things at
least look partially good.

Glenn, do you want to try running a nightly build against the svn test
repository?

Gives you a chance to update your build before we go live and gives us
some solid confidence that everything builds.

Hen

Re: Taglibs in Subversion building

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Oops, missed these replies.

I will lock CVS down at 2000 US Eastern Time tomorrow (Wednesday 13th)
and proceed with the migration. I'll be on #asfinfra if needed.

I'll be (more as a list for me tomorrow):

Migrating jakarta-taglibs->jakarta/taglibs/proper
Migrating jakarta-taglibs-sandbox->jakarta/taglibs/sandbox
Creating trunks-proper and trunks-sandbox directories with files at
the top level of their CVS directories
Editing svn:externals on these directories
Setting up authentication stuff
Setting up commit notifications
Checking out and building String taglib
Sending email

If there are big problems, I'll back out and re-open cvs. Steps 3 and
4 are going to happen in the opposite way to the test repo migration,
but shouldn't cause a problem.

Hen

Posted by Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net>.

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 11:43:29PM -0400, Henri Yandell wrote:
> Or at least the String taglib built correctly for me, so things at
> least look partially good.
>
> Glenn, do you want to try running a nightly build against the svn test
> repository?

I have updated and tested the nightly build to make sure it works with
the SVN repositories. I have not tested the sandbox build yet.

I will continue running the CVS version until we make the official
switch.

Glenn