Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Brian Murray <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/08 21:01:39 UTC

XML Catalog Support for JAX-WS

I'm planning to add XML Catalog support to JAX-WS via AXIS2-3499.  I spoke
with Dims, who advised me that there are places in the kernel where the
catalog needs to be plugged in as well.  Can anybody describe to me these
needed changes?

Re: XML Catalog Support for JAX-WS

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Example from CXF's old patch - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-440

<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog" prefer="system">
~    <rewriteSystem systemIdStartString="doesnotexist" rewritePrefix="../wsdl/catalog"/>
~    <rewriteSystem systemIdStartString="nopath" rewritePrefix="../wsdl"/>
</catalog>

thanks,
dims

Nicholas L Gallardo wrote:
| Dims,
|
| The question of where to add in the catalog is a good one.  Is the catalog
| config nothing more than a mapping of namespaces to document locations?
|
| Cheers,
|
| -Nick
|

|              Davanum Srinivas
|              <davanum@gmail.co
|              m>                                                         To
|                                        axis-dev@ws.apache.org
|              02/08/2008 02:09                                           cc
|              PM
|                                                                    Subject
|                                        Re: XML Catalog Support for JAX-WS
|              Please respond to
|              axis-dev@ws.apach
|                    e.org
|

| Brian,
|
| Where ever we read in a WSDL or a Schema is a potential spot for plugging
| in a catalog resolver. Basically when we read
| in a WSDL, one can add concrete implementation of WSDLLocator in WSDL4J
| backed by the catalog. And similarly there is a
| hook for XmlSchemaURIResolver in XmlSchema as well. So my bet is whereever
| we have a WSDLReader.readWSDL or a
| XMLSchemaCollection.read are good places to target for adding a catalog
|
| Of course, we need to talk about where we can add the information for the
| catalog as well. My initial thought is to add
| an entry in axis2.xml (for example i think you will specify in axis2.xml to
| pick up a particular wsdl from a particular
| directory for a specific target namespace). Of course if there is no entry
| in axis2.xml. We should fall back to the same
| code that exists today.
|
| thanks,
| dims
|
| Brian Murray wrote:
| | I'm planning to add XML Catalog support to JAX-WS via AXIS2-3499.  I
| spoke
| | with Dims, who advised me that there are places in the kernel where the
| | catalog needs to be plugged in as well.  Can anybody describe to me these
| | needed changes?
| |

Re: XML Catalog Support for JAX-WS

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.