Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Ramesh J.C" <rk...@cmcltd.com> on 2003/05/28 06:29:19 UTC

Response time for increasing load is fluctuating

Hai
     Iam new user to jmeter. I used jmeter to load test the display of  simple login page .There is no further processing involved .I gradually  increased the number of threads in the thread group keeping the ramp up period 0 and loop count 1.I used 'aggregate report' as the listener.I stopped increasing the load when the report showed some error % .Now I plotted a line-graph with Number of threads on X-axis and the min ,max,and Avg on Y-axis.
  The three curves in the line -graph are fluctuating ,its going up and falling down,there are lots of peaks in the graph .There are no additonal applications running on the server nor on client where jmeter is running and both server and client are on the same LAN.
   Now why do the response time is fluctuating as the load is increasing?Is jmeter a good tool for load testing.Please clarify .

Rgds
Ramesh

Re: Response time for increasing load is fluctuating

Posted by "Ramesh J.C" <rk...@cmcltd.com>.
Thanks for the reply.If  I  give a loop count of 10 with the thread group 10
,then what will be the actual load on the system ,how should I plot the
graph ?should I give the number of users as 100(10*10) or just 10 with the
corresponding average response time.