Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Kathleen Rhoads Carpenter <kr...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/02 18:45:14 UTC

Apache Open Office/Office 365

I’m afraid I don’t know much about computers and need some help. When I open Apache Open Office and create a document, it saves as Microsoft Word. Why? Creating a document with the format and font and commands is a breeze, but trying to make changes after it is Word is terrible. I have to go to Home for anything; then when I do the function, it goes back immediately so that I have to keep hitting Home for each correction or addition. I know I am making month payments to Adobe Acrobat. Exactly what is that and why do I need it? Lastly, with the strength of your organization, why isn’t .odt capable of using on email attachments. People can’t open it, so I always have to create a 2nd .pdf copy. Furthermore, I do some writing, and CreateSpace on Amazon refuses to accept .odt either. Why? My formatting and font always get out of whack when I convert.
Thank you for your help,
A not-very-computer-literate-user (aka Kathleen Rhoads Carpenter) krcarp24@gmail.com

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Last question, Master document to single file

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 01:42:47 -0700
John Hart <jh...@testra.com> wrote:

> I thought I'd ask one last question before unsubscribing from the list.
>
> Is there an easy way to convert all the files listed in a master
> document into a single file?

The OO Help file says

To Export a Master Document as a OpenOffice Text Document
1. Choose File - Export.
2. In the File format list, select a text document file format and click Export.

The sub-documents will be exported as sections. Use Format - Sections to unprotect and remove sections, if you prefer a plain text document without sections.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Last question, Master document to single file

Posted by John Hart <jh...@testra.com>.