Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Kalyan Dev <re...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/29 19:21:43 UTC

Camel with BeanFactory

Hello,

I understand by skimming over Camel's source code that it uses
ApplicationContext everywhere.

In a project that I'm working on, I HAVE to use BeanFactory only. Is it
possible to initialize and use Camel's capabilities in a BeanFactory
instead of ApplicationContext at all ?

If so, what are the classes that I need to overwrite. Any documentation on
this will be of great help.

Regards,
Kalyan

Re: Camel with BeanFactory

Posted by kalyand <re...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I will try to follow your guidelines and
shall keep you posted

Re: Camel with BeanFactory

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Its probably easier to create custom
- SpringRegistry
- SpringInjector

that uses BeanFactory instead of what Camel offers.

See the source code in camel-spring.

And then just create Camel as
SpringCamelContext camel = new SpringCamelContext();
camel.setInjector(new MyBeanFactoryInjector());
camel.setRegistry(new MyBeanFactoryRegistry());

eg use custom injector and registry. And possible something else down the road.
But that should get you on a start with Spring. This works with the Java DSL.

For XML DSL, then that's much harder, as you would need to use a
custom CamelContextFactoryBean.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM, kalyand <re...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again..
>
> I'm checking camel-spring currently and experimenting with few classes.
>
> My goals are in the following order:
> - Get Java DSL working and the Routes be Spring-injected so that I could
> pump in some data by fetching it from database
> - Get Dataformats and transformations working
> - To be able to make REST calls outside the server with http component or
> with bridgeEndpoint=true
> - Get direct-vm, vm, seda calls working between multiple camel contexts
> - Finally, Get Spring DSL working (good to have)
>
> Is it possible for you to give them (goals) some weights (say fibonocci) in
> terms of effort I might endup spending. It would greatly help me in
> negotiating my deliverables.
>
> Probably a lame question but what does camel-core-xml contain ?
>
> Regards,
> Kalyan
>
> P.S: I have read Camel-in-Action and it has been of good help. Thank you :)

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Camel with BeanFactory

Re: Camel with BeanFactory

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Sounds scary.

Do you want to use the Spring XML DSL and all that? Then I guess it
may be a long journey.
Maybe you can build some kind of ApplicationContext facade from the
BeanFactory and use that.

Well for what its worth, then check camel-core-xml, and camel-spring
as they are the stuff for the Spring integration with Camel.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM, kalyand <re...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Claus,
>
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> If I can elaborate my scenario, I want camel to run on a tomcat and there
> are few core modules of a proprietary framework already deployed (which use
> spring 3.2.0.Release). When a WAR is deployed, it will have a BeanFactory
> implementation class (and not applicationContext). And so, I want to get
> camel to work with spring but using BeanFactory but not ApplicationContext.
>
> You mean to say that I have to rewrite all camel-spring classes or there is
> any specific set of classes to start with ?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Regards,
> Kalyan

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Camel with BeanFactory

Re: Camel with BeanFactory

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

What do you mean HAVE to use BeanFactory? Do you mean that
camel-spring source code must not use ApplicationContext or any of the
other Spring public APIs ?

Well you can write you own camel module. Or just not use camel-spring
at all, and just use camel-core which is Java code and has not
dependencies to Spring.

--
Claus Ibsen