Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Zain Malik <zm...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/23 11:09:00 UTC

apache kafka community container image

Hi,

Is there any plans to support a community container image for kafka?

Right now there are bitnami and confluent based images but nothing official without bitnami/confluent flavors.

Were there any plans to have one official container image? or any reasons to oppose that?

Re: apache kafka community container image

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
There’s no official image signed by ASF Kafka community like we have for
some other projects. Containerising Kafka has been more of a casual project
than open source initiative (e.g. tomcat containers).

Posted by Zain Malik <zm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pavel Sapozhnikov <pa...@gmail.com>.